Remember, it takes a full 2 weeks to see your results of anti wrinkle injections and 2-4 weeks for dermal fillers.
POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR TOX
If you have any bruising at the injection site you may apply an ice pack. Do not press too hard as this may cause the tox to spread.
- Do not massage or rub the treated area for at least 48 hours after the treatment. Gently cleanse the area but do not use a scrub.
- Using the injected muscles is recommended as it helps bind the tox to the muscles faster. So feel free to frown, laugh or raise your eyebrows and forehead.
- Avoid activities where you are likely to perspire heavily for 48 hours.
- Do not lie face down.
*If you have any questions or concerns about your treatment, please contact your aesthetic practitioner.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
You may experience headache. Paracetamol may be taken if required.
Tenderness and bruising may appear at the injection sites.
POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLERS
The following guidelines are recommended during the first 24-48 hours following any injection treatment using dermal fillers.
AVOID THE FOLLOWING:
- Massaging or putting excessive pressure on the treated area for at least 24 hours.
- Drinking alcohol as it opens the blood vessels and may increase bruising or swelling.
- Taking blood thinning medications (e.g. Aspirin/Disprin, vitamin E, ginkgo) unless otherwise advised by your medical practitioner.
- Strenuous exercise and extreme hot temperatures.
- Apply ice to the treated areas to relieve swelling and possible bruising. Drink water regularly throughout the day (approx. 8 glasses a day).
AVOID facials, microdermabrasion waxing, peels, dry ice or laser treatments for 10-14 days after any filler treatment.
Double Chin Reduction Aftercare
After your treatment, you should expect swelling and redness. You may also experience bruising, pain, numbness, and induration (firmness). This will normally last less than 5 days, and for some patients may last up to 14 days. You may have swelling of the area for up to a month. Swelling is a good sign that the treatment is working.
Ice and Paracetamol can be used for swelling and discomfort. Do not place ice directly onto the skin.
Avoid strenuous activity for 3 days after your treatment.
Sleeping with your head elevated for the 3nights after your treatment can help minimize swelling.
Do not scratch, pick at, massage or manipulate the treatment area.
You may apply your normal skin care regimen to the area, including cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen etc.